An evening with Nokia E72



I’m using my Nokia E63 since the past 7, 8 months and I’m in love with it. I think it’s the best deal out there with a QWERTY keyboard and wifi etc. So this past weekend I got a chance to get my hands on the Nokia E72. Now before using it I was really impressed by the phone but unfortunately it didn’t lived up to my expectations.

Following were my findings during the 3 days that I had it. Let’s go about it one by one.

  • Brilliant build quality I must say, I like stuff that are heavy and shinny. The back cover design of stripes might be catchy for some people but it wasn’t for me.
  • I had some serious issues with the OS. I found it pretty messy and unstable. It needs updates. It crashed two times during a visit to me while I was just texting.
  • The predictive isn’t that smart. It changes the word rather than completing it.
  • The standby time is pretty good but the talk time isn’t.


Now if I compare it with my E63 phone, I’ll tell that My E63 has a much better predictive and by the usage it has become smart since all predictive do, but what I mean here is that mine was born smart. A very comfortable keypad in the Nokia E63, very easy to use and fits my thumb perfectly. On the other hand E72 has pretty hard keys to press on which at the end of the day, are not very comfortable. I could have use the phone without charging for more than 3 days but when you talk through it you might need a charger in your pocket. Maybe its the battery or maybe it’s the OS that not showing properly the battery meter or may be it shows properly when you’re on call. It’s been more than 7 months with my E63 and my battery still goes to 2 days with 2hours of average daily talk time.

Nokia E72 is not a big step for me; apart from the metal it’s pretty the same. Now I’m a QWERTY user since a long time so it’s not up to the mark for me but for any new buyer on QWERTY it might be a big deal. He’ll love the metal, and will adjust him/herself with an unfriendly OS.



I wouldn’t consider it as the best deal or best value for money, when you have E71 or E63 but if money is not an issue than it is something that you would enjoy holding more in your hand rather than keeping it in your pocket. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine way of telling, and pleasant post to get information on
the topic of my presentation focus, which i am going to convey in college.


Feel free to visit my website; bmi chart

Post a Comment

Comments are more then welcome, Can be Positive & Negative :) Much Appreciated