Acer vs Hp vs Dell vs Compaq

When it comes to netbooks, many things are been traded off like performance, design, power but many are being acquired as in, convenience, portability, ease to buy, style and what not. My biggest interest in a netbook is the price it has to offer, its really impressive plus its almost giving you the subtitute of a laptop. Example, you can stay online, you can work on your office plus other small things. Now don't kid me around by saying that you cannot use photoshop on a netbook. Yes you can't because its an atom processor but not everyone wants to use photoshop.
The main purpose of a netbook is to provide you with convenience to be mobile on your way and so far it has been doing it pretty well. I've compared the four main brands of netbook available to us according to my knowledge. Acer, Hp, Dell and Compaq, but why not Vaio? Believe me people when it comes to price Sony Vaio has its own mindset. They charge for the name and not the machine.

Performance
Performance of a these netbook does not differ from each other with a big margin, they all carry atom processor, HD goes max to 250 GB, Ram goes max to 2GB. in my point of view I haven't experienced any difference in the performance of each of the following brands, so My ranks are:
1) Acer
2) Hp
3) Dell
4) Compaq
Why Acer on the top, because its the most compatible netbook I've seen so far with Linux plus windows OS. Following were the configurations of the netbooks I've experienced.
Ram 1GB
HD 160 GB
Intel Atom 1.6 GHz
10.1 '' LED SCREEN.


Style & Design
This is my favourite feature, a netbook should be stylish, should be sleek and shouldn't be dull. In terms of this I ranked:

1) Acer
2) Hp
3) Compaq
4) Dell

Price
The main event is Price. A netbook starts from 29000 PKR to 37000 PKR depending upon the configurations and I'm talking about HDD drives and not solid state.
Acer has the most Compelling and attractive prices in terms of style and design plus performance while compaq is the cheapest and Hp being uselessly expensive with only the brand name to offer with no difference in the performance however.

1) Acer
2) Compaq
3) Dell
4) Hp 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, exactly the type of information I was looking for. However, I would have like to see items about assembly quality and robustness. Are they all the same? I heard that Acer was often having the power alimentation entry damage over time (does not support well mechanical stress). Is it the same with the other netbook?

Zohaib Jawed said...

It can be since the built of these netbooks are pretty much the same. i've heard some battery issues with the accer aswell but then again its just a netbook, not much you can expect.
performance doest not varies much and it depends on the OS u're using and the amount of ram u have.

Post a Comment

Comments are more then welcome, Can be Positive & Negative :) Much Appreciated